It is with much heartbreak that we announce we lost our long-time sanctuary sweetheart, Slick, to cancer yesterday. Although some may feel sad that he "never found a home," he actually did. It was with us.
Katie arrived at rescue in spring of 2011, looking as cute as can be. She was petite ’n sweet and was adopted within no time. She was gone for several months, but, unfortunately, things did not work out with the children in the home, so she was returned. She was starting to develop some serious skin allergies and other health issues, so we kept her to heal her up.
Former GA JRT rescue, Ricky (that's him passed out on the right), and his friend, Isis Maria, recently indulged in an all-night board game marathon. Things got a little carried away ... and they took selfies. But now they're using that selfie to promote their favorite rescue in hopes of bringing home a $2,000 grant for vet bills.
Are you ready for a bright spot to end your wind up another manic Monday? It’s been too long since we’ve been able to announce and adoption … and this is a fabulous one — John John has found his forever home!
Want to earn money for the Jack Russells just by shopping at Kroger? Now you can!
If you order from PetDoors.com via the Flaps for Fido program, you'll not only get 10% off your pet door, PetDoors will also donate a portion of your purchase to the Georgia Jack Russell rescues!
Did you make a New Year's Resolution to get outside and walk your dog(s) and/or yourself more? Now is the time to get to it! You can even help the rescues at Georgia Jack Russell Rescue, Adoption & Sanctuary while you do it!
We just launched a GivingGrid with a goal of raising $6,000 for the rescues by the end of next year. What's so cool about this? You can donate any amount, at any time, during the year and upload a fabulous photo of your own Jack(s) or even yourself to fill your square and share with others. Yes, we'll remind you about it periodically.
Make a toast, friends! What a year it's been! These are just a few of the moments that made 2015 such a great one. Thank you to all of the volunteers, fosters, adopted parents, and sponsors who make this rescue a reality everyday!
- Goodbye to a legend, Slick. You will be missed, sweetheart. And, once again ... #CancerSucks. https://t.co/yFXwBoksK4, 13 hours ago
- Thank you to all who are voting! Vote once a day this weekend! https://t.co/q2Dhd9egbU https://t.co/Q0j3SH5qVm, 15 hours ago
- Guess who's coming to Smooch-a-Pooch tomorrow? Penelope! She'll be kissing YOU! https://t.co/bVkBK1v0pq https://t.co/DFS1ABAWlu, 15 hours ago
- https://t.co/VBXNIAGKsD https://t.co/Ib6VImvgqq, 17 hours ago
- Tomorrow #adoptdontshop #jackrussellterrier https://t.co/ykxfMa0PGA, 17 hours ago